Readiris Pro is probably one of the most powerful OCR packages for Mac allowing you to turn documents into editable text in seconds.
Readiris Pro probably has more features than you'll ever need, but the most important thing is that its very accurate. Readiris Pro also does an excellent job of preserving formatting. In the past, the interface was quite poor but version 12 has been completely redesigned for Mac OS X with a slicker interface and more helpful step-by-step scanning hints.
Readiris Pro is very accurate in faithfully recreating the original format of your documents and replaces columns of text, tables, and graphics in the output file. There are also a decent choice of output formats and Readiris Pro makes it really easy to publish converted PDFs to the web thanks to a WYSIWYG web editor.
Readiris Pro isn't perfect though. While accuracy is well over 90%, the jury is out whether its more accurate than ABBYY Finereader. However, the accuracy of formatting is superb and probably the best you'll find on Mac.
Readiris Pro is an immensely powerful OCR software for Macs that excels when it comes to preserving formatting.
- NEW Intelligent High-Quality compression technology (iHQC)
- NEW OCR engine for unrivaled accuracy.
- NEW supported formats : .docx (Word 2008), .xlsx (Excel 2008) and .odt (Open office)
- NEW Drop2Read™ : Drag-and-drop OCR companion software.
- NEW Full compatibility with Image Capture scanners
- NEW Universal 64 and 32 bits native application
- NEW Preview scanned pages in drawer
- NEW User interface
- Improved Recognition speed
- Improved : Up to 130 languages recognized
- Improved: Leopard & Snow Leopard support (+ earlier versions from 10.4)